Bob has challenged me to post my top ten favorite opera clips. Here goes:
10. Beverly Sills is Rosina, singing "Una Voce Poco Fa" from Il Barbiere de Seville
9. Karita Mattila and Thomas Hampson in Lehár's "Merry Widow" at Volpe Gala at the Met, 2006. "Vilja" & "Lippen schweigen"
8. Maria Callas sings "Casta Diva" from "Norma" at l'Opéra de Paris, December 19, 1958
7. Susan Graham sings "D'amour l'ardente flamme" from the Damnation of Faust in Brussels 2002
6. Kiri te Kanawa sings Dove Sono from Mozart's "Marriage of Figaro"
5. Frederica von Stade as Cherubino in The 1973 Glyndebourne Festival performance of Mozart's Marriage of Figaro
4. Nathan Gunn as Papageno in Mozart's Magic Flute 2006 at the Met
3. Placido Domingo sings "E Lucevan le stelle" from Puccini's "Tosca"
2. Dmitri Hvorostovky and Renee Fleming sing the final scene of Eugene Onegin at the Met, 2007.
And my number one favorite operatube scene:
1. Renée Fleming sings Rusalka's aria "Měsíčku na nebi hlubokém"" (Song to the Moon) from Antonín Dvořák's opera Rusalka. Opéra national de Paris, Bastille, 2001.
Renee Fleming, Violeta Urmana Jorge Antonio Pita and Rene Pape in Verdi's Requiem in London, 2001.
Renee Fleming sings Korngold's "Ich soll ihn niemals, niemals mehr sehn" at 2007 Proms in London
Beverly Sills and Alan Titus performs The Love Unspoken duet from "The Merry Widow"