This clip has so many fun things to spot it's like the Where's Waldo of the Tony Awards. Now, use the Comments to tell me your favorite and then I'll tell you mine.
My favorite moments:
3. Bernadette and Liza singing a song that's not unlike Some People in its lyrics
4. Berndette holding her money note for an eternity!
5. Bernadette and Liza kissing and ooohing and aaahing over Tony winners
6. Bernadette saying to Carol Channing, "Come here and give me a hug!!"
7. Nanette Fabray and Bea Arthur in place together (remember my favorite quote of all time? Well, if you don't, it's "Nanette Fabray and I have been trying to have lunch for a year" - Bea Arthur on Broadway: The Golden Years)
8. Bernadette dancing
9. The audience shot of Veanne Cox who lucked out with an aisle seat
10. And last but not least, clips of Camelot!
Sunday, March 09, 2008
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
That was fun! Personally, I'm a big fan of nontraditional entrances and exits - through the audience, through the balcony. So I really enjoyed seeing Nathan Lane and company come across the street and into the theater!
OMG, I loved every one of those clips! I am such a Broadway fanatic. Thank you Thank you for giving me such a rush at 3 AM ! :)
First I thought my favorite thing was Carol Channing, then it was NO! There's Bea Arthur!, but I think, finally, any brief glimpse of Ray Walston has to win.
I remember when this aired! God - it's hard to believe Liza and Bernadette performed together on the POTO stage, kissing Bea and Carol. Only on Broadway. And Dianne Carroll looked stunning.
P.S. - where was Loops?
Post a Comment